It may not officially be summer, but it’s definitely summer here. I’m going to keep on grilling and using my slow cooker this week whenever I can. I also didn’t stick to our menu 100% last week so I’ll carry over a couple items. My husband’s aunt gave us a lot of huge, delicious avocadoes from her tree so I’m implementing them into meals wherever I can.
We’re also eating up some of the scrumptious English muffin bread I made. So darn good.
Here’s what’s on our menu this week:
- German apple pancakes, pineapple juice, raspberries
- Oatmeal with dried cherries & flax, o.j.
- Green monster smoothies, hard-boiled eggs, watermelon
- English muffin breakfast pizzas (with homemade english muffin bread!), bananas & raspberries
- Waffles w/fruit, o.j.
- Apple coffee cake, watermelon & white nectarines
- Sausage-egg-cheese sandwiches (on homemade english muffin bread of course ), strawberry smoothies (with avocado)
- Pizza pockets, apples
- P.b and jelly, white nectarines
- Summer avocado wrap, fruit salad
- Creamy tuna melts (on homemade english muffin bread ), apple slices, watermelon
- Lunch out (mommy-munchie celebration lunch)
- Leftovers x 2 plus fruit
- Spaghetti, sourdough bread
- Slow cooker French dip, roasted red potatoes, sautéed garlic broccoli (didn’t get to this last week)
- Chicken soft tacos, avocado & tomato relish, slow cooker refried beans
- Pork chops with mushroom sauce, rice, sauteed garlic green beans & cauliflower
- Chicken puffs, tossed salad, sauteed broccoli
- Asian bbq chicken thighs, rice, grilled veggies
- Leftovers Night
- Peaches, berries, melons (love summer fruit!)
- Yogurt, multi-grain crackers
- Chocolate banana bread & English muffin bread
Freezer Cooking & DIY Session: I don’t do a traditional once-a-month session, but generally choose 2 or 3 recipes.
- chocolate banana bread
- refried beans
- 2 dinner recipes (TBD)
What’s cooking in your home this week? Are you already grilling out a bunch, too?